Fair Cost of Care Consultation
Throughout 2017/18 Cornwall Council and NHS Kernow have been working closely with providers of care homes in Cornwall to develop an approach to calculating placement fees. This is intended to take account of the actual cost of delivering care in the local market, helping us to ensure sustainable and responsive services for the future.
Alongside this new approach to fees, the Council and NHS Kernow have been working together to develop a new contract and service specification to underpin its relationship with care home providers. This will be implemented in a two phase approach, with Council implementation from April 2018.
Having undertaken engagement throughout the initiative with residents, families, providers and other stakeholders, the Council is now ready to formally consult on the new approach. Papers outlining the proposed methodology can be found at www.cornwall.gov.uk/carehomes
Documents available as part of the consultation include:
- FCC Provider Consultation Report
- Overarching Contract
- Service Specification
- Individual Placement Agreement
- Third Party Agreement
- Consultation Questions
- FCC Survey
- Public Consultation Report
- Public Consultation Report Easy Read
- Consultation Questions
- Care Homes Commissioning Intentions
- Engagement Activities Report
All legal documents are currently in draft and are subject to change following the consultation.
How to Provide Feedback
Questions and comments relating to the proposals can be submitted until 3pm on 6th February 2018, and can be made using the form provided on the website:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to FCC Consultation, Adult Transformation and Commissioning, 1E, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY
- By telephone appointment by contacting 01872 327888.
Additionally Care Home Providers have been invited to submit an expression of interest to attend engagement sessions by Monday 15 January including:
Focus Group Sessions
- Camborne (Dolcoath Council Office) 10am, 22 January 2018
- St Austell (Penwinnick Council Office) 10am, 25 January 2018
One to One Sessions
- Bodmin (Chy Trevail Council Office) PM, 25 January 2018
- Truro (New County Hall Council Office) All Day, 26 January 2018
After the consultation closes, all submissions will be reviewed and the formal response published. At a later date the Council will provide an explanation about any final modifications made to the proposed methodology as a result of the consultation process.