Cornwall Partners in Care News
CPIC/Council/CFT Meeting update - 15/10/2021
Cornwall Partners in Care hold weekly briefings with Cornwall Council and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation trust. These meetings involve Jonathan Price (Joint Director Adult Care and Health for Cornwall Council and NHS Kernow) and occasionally colleagues from the Council, David Smith (CPIC Chairman), and representatives from the CPIC Committee.
Daily update - 15th October 2021
The weekly meeting with Jonathon Price today was also attended by Val Smith and Kate Alcock. David, Mary, Phil, Christine, and Richard were there for CPIC, and we discussed the following;
- Jonathan is heading off to a Local Resilience Forum (LRF) review of the recent critical incident and wanted feedback on how Providers felt it went. There was recognition that the formal critical incident in July was really only a recognition of the situation that the system has been dealing with since the start of the pandemic. There was also recognition that the LRF was not as visible as it ought to have been and that communication could have been better.
- There was a discussion around not only assisting with hospital discharges, but also around controlling the in-flow to hospital, with a recognition that there needs to be a change on how the whole system views and uses services like Home Care. Cornwall Council are working on a 2 year strategy to look at short, medium, and long-term goals. The draft should be available by the end of the month for review and consultation by the sector.
- One Provider reported that the drought of job applications was starting to ease, however it was clear from other Providers that this is not the case across other areas of Cornwall.
- It was noted that the average age of a person entering the wider health service was mid-seventies in 2017. It is now mid-eighties.
The meeting was a shorter one as usual due to conflicting diary commitments. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Friday 22nd October.
- Video and related information from the CPIC Housing and Support Solutions Forum held […]
- Cornwall Council are engaging on the future service model of Housing and Support […]
- Video and related information from the CPIC Joint Virtual Forum for Care Homes […]
- From power outages to naturals disasters – when the unexpected happens, it can […]
- Video and related information from the CPIC Care Home Forum held on 29th […]